In the modern world, security is a must for every home. You never know what happens during the dead of night or when you leave for work. Criminals also have a way to deceive you by pretending to be decent persons when they knock on your door. Given these, it’s a must for every household to invest in security measures to protect their homes from every eventuality. One useful device for this purpose is a video doorbell.
A video doorbell is a device that monitors the outside of your home as long as it’s activated. It is usually equipped with a camera that sends a live feed of outdoor activity to the homeowners. That way, a family can monitor the safety of their homes wherever they may be. Some brands have added functionalities, like wireless compatibility and motion sensors. With this device, you can be more secure about your home and your family’s safety.
When shopping for a Video Doorbell, you’ll want to be sure to keep an eye out for these essential features.
- Functionality: The features equipped within the Video Doorbell majorly defines its quality. Is it limited to video transmission? Does it have motion sensors? What can it offer you aside from the basics? Once you determine what your household needs explicitly, you’ll be able to find the best Video Doorbell for your home.
- Value for money: Purchasing a Video Doorbell is no small investment. Prepare to shell out more than a hundred dollars if you’re planning on getting one. That’s why it’s necessary for you to check which among the various brands can offer the best bang for your buck.
- Durability: To truly maximize your investment, the Video Doorbell must be able to last a long time. It should not be too prone to damage and must be able to withstand wear and tear. Having a durable Video Doorbell saves you from unnecessary repair and replacement costs.
We’ve done the research and read hundreds of customer reviews to bring you our curated list of the top 10 Video Doorbells.
Our Top 10 Video Doorbells: a Deep Dive
#1: Ring Video Doorbell Pro (Editor’s Choice!)
The Ring Video Doorbell Pro gained a significant number of positive reviews on Amazon and several review websites. This is due to its functional yet affordable package, having a lot to offer for those customers with limited budgets. This product ticks off all check marks in terms of functionality, value for money, and durability.
- It provides a 1080HD video quality and infrared night vision, allowing you to monitor your front door in high quality.
- It is fully compatible with Alexa, which means you can use Echo Devices to speak to those outside your door.
- It can be installed in as quickly as 15 minutes.
- It wirelessly connects to iOS and Android devices, as well as Mac and Windows 10, for easy monitoring and two-way communication with visitors.
- It comes with Lifetime Theft Protection, which lets you replace a stolen Ring Video Doorbell free of charge.
Based on customer reviews, the Ring Video Doorbell Pro is very easy to install. They like how superb the quality of the provided video is. For those customers who experienced issues with their device, they claim that Ring’s customer support is effortless to talk to, and replacements are hassle-free.Check Price on Amazon.com
#2: Skybell HD Silver Wifi Video Doorbell
The SkyBell (SH02300SL) HD Silver WiFi Video Doorbell is another affordable device for you to secure your home. CNET has awarded it the Best Video Doorbell for three straight years. While its design is not as sleek as the Ring Video Doorbell, the Skybell HD also offers a lot of functionality for customers.
- You can register multiple users in the device’s database so that everyone in your household can receive notifications.
- It streams live feeds in 1080HD.
- It comes with a motion sensor, so you can be notified even if the button was not pressed yet.
- It offers Silent Mode, which means you can sleep at night without being disturbed by the chime.
- It is compatible with iOS, Android, and Alexa devices.
Those who purchased the SkyBell (SH02300SL) HD Silver WiFi Video Doorbell were satisfied with its functionality. They also find it very simple to install. The video quality, coupled with the color night vision, was also a plus point that customers pointed out.
#3: Honeywell Skybell Trim
The Honeywell SkyBell DBCAM-TRIM Video Doorbell a device that pairs functionality with a sleek design. Since it’s made by the same group who brought us the Skybell HD, you can expect that this Video Doorbell will be highly functional. It’s a highly reliable device, providing you with 24/7 remote monitoring.
- It has two-way audio, allowing you to talk to house guests.
- You can silence the chime when necessary.
- Available in silver or bronze, depending on what suits your home.
- The motion sensor sends you an alert if someone goes near your front door before they press the button.
- It provides an activity history so you can review video calls and visitor presence.
Customers who bought the Honeywell SkyBell DBCAM-TRIM Video Doorbell praised its simple installation process. The functionalities presented In the box were also accurate. However, some customers say that it alerts them with so many false positives that they tend to ignore the notifications, including accurate alerts.Check Price on Amazon.com
#4: AUNEX Wifi Doorbell Camera
The Video Doorbell AUNEX WiFi Doorbell Camera may not be as well known as the other ones on this list, but it still offers a lot of value to customers. It’s a low price Video Doorbell for those who are concerned with their budget. However, this does not mean that the AUNEX Doorbell Camera skimps out on the basic features.
- It provides a 720p display and connects wirelessly to devices via the partner app.
- It has a 166-degree view with motion sensing capability.
- You can store data in the cloud, and the 16GB memory card included.
- You may choose if it will be powered via the battery or through AC input.
- The device can be installed and charged with ease.
Customers that purchased the [amazon asin=B07JHKN95K&text=Video Doorbell AUNEX WiFi Doorbell Camera are satisfied with the simplicity of the installation process. It also worked flawlessly, despite doubts about its quality due to the price. However, it sometimes sends unnecessary alerts, which irritated some customers.Check Price on Amazon.com
#5: Brinno Front Door Peephole Security Camera
Another lesser-known Video Doorbell, the Brinno Front Door Peephole Security Camera is also a recommendable brand. According to the company, this particular variant has the best video quality among its collection. Price range is also not too high, but it does deliver a lot of premium features.
- It detects both motion and knocking outside your front door.
- It’s completely wire-free and is equipped with a battery that can last for up to 6 months.
- It has a theft-proof design since it installs inside your house and is camouflaged.
- Installation can be done in only a few minutes and does not require any complicated tools.
- You can monitor your home in high quality due to its crisp and sharp image delivery.
Those who bought the Brinno Front Door Peephole Security Camera reported having a great overall experience with the device. It also gave them peace of mind that the camera won’t be stolen. However, some customers are reporting that when the view of the camera is backlit, only a silhouette of the person can be seen.
#6: RemoBell Wifi Video Doorbell
The RemoBell WiFi Video Doorbell belongs between the low and mid-priced price ranges. It offers the basic functionalities of a Video Doorbell without breaking the bank. It also received high ratings from those who decided to purchase the product.
- It has a 120-degree view angle and features 2-way audio.
- It can withstand temperatures of up to 122 degrees Fahrenheit.
- You can have up to 5 users with access to the doorbell’s notifications.
- It’s easy to install, and the companion app is very user-friendly.
- It has an advanced motion sensor that can differentiate human movement from inanimate objects, reducing false positives.
The RemoBell WiFi Video Doorbell eoffers the basic functionalities for a more affordable price, and majority of the customers are satisfied. However, it also received some critical reviews. The most common issue with the device is the poor design of the mounting bracket, which makes installation a hassle.Check Price on Amazon.com
#7: Zmodo Greet Pro Smart Video Doorbell
The Zmodo Greet Pro Smart Video Doorbell is another device that can be integrated with Alexa. You can issue voice commands that the device can perform, such as locking the door. It also has a wide field of view, letting you see not only the front of your house but also its surroundings.
- You can record voice messages for visitors to hear when they ring the doorbell.
- Its advanced motion detection system allows you to determine the scope of the detection area, helping you avoid unnecessary alerts.
- You can monitor your home in 1080p Full HD, anytime and anywhere you want.
- It has a cloud storage service so you can review the logs of the camera for up to 12 hours.
- Unlike other Video Doorbells, it offers a viewing angle of 180 degrees, eliminating blind spots.
Some customers claim that the Zmodo Greet Pro Smart Video Doorbell may be better than other Video Doorbells. They claim that it is an under-rated product that deserves more attention. However, some are complaining that the customer support of Zmodo is non-responsive when they have concerns.Check Price on Amazon.com
#8: August Doorbell Cam Pro
The August Doorbell Cam Pro is another Alexa-compatible Video Doorbell. You can speak with incoming visitors via the two-way communication feature. It also has an integrated floodlight to illuminate front door behavior at night.
- It has a Hindsight feature, which records video a few seconds before anyone comes within proximity of the camera.
- The built-in floodlight ensures full-color HD video, even at night.
- You can remotely talk to visitors using the two-way audio.
- It is effortless to install and is compatible with your home’s current doorbell wiring.
- You can install the August Home companion app in iOS, Android, and Apple Watch.
Customers who bought the August Doorbell Cam Pro praised its design quality and ease of installation. The majority have also reported that the overall experience of using the device is excellent. There were some, however, who complained about the camera suddenly going offline sometimes.
#9: RCA Doorbell Video Ring Security Camera
The Doorbell Video Ring Security Camera is an affordably-priced Video Doorbell. It boasts of a 4-step easy installation process and smart motion detection. You also don’t have to shell out more money to subscribe to its cloud storage service.
- It has a full 180-degree field of view with night vision.
- It offers a 3MP Ultra HD Video, better than just Full HD.
- The face plate is customizable so that you can fit the design with the color of your front door.
- It’s highly weather-resistant, able to withstand -22 degrees to 122 degrees Fahrenheit.
- It’s equipped with a 90-decibel alarm to ward off thieves
Those who purchased the Doorbell Video Ring Security Camera are claiming that this product outshines its competition in terms of performance. They also like the fact that they can use the cloud storage service without paying additional fees. However, some are complaining about the non-adjustable volume of the alarm, which tends to ring whenever the doorbell detects motion.Check Price on Amazon.com
#10: NewPal Smart Video Doorbell
The NewPal Smart Video Doorbell is perhaps the most affordable Video Doorbell in the list. It is perfect for a starting family who wants to protect their homes without spending too much. It is powered via two rechargeable batteries and offers 1080p video despite its low price.
- It is equipped with 2-way talk and night vision functionalities.
- It can withstand temperatures from as low as -10 degrees to as high as 50 degrees Celsius.
- Cloud storage service does not have any fees.
- It has a field of view of 166 degrees and streams in 1080p Full HD.
- You will be notified if someone attempts to remove the doorbell from its back mount.
Those who bought the NewPal Smart Video Doorbell said that it performs pretty decently for a device in its price range. The motion detection has also been reviewed well by customers. Some complained, though, that the device can be stolen too easily.Check Price on Amazon.com
Securing your home should not be a discouraging investment for you. Every household contains precious possessions that you should not think twice about protecting. So when it comes to buying a Video Doorbell, make sure you will get the device that best suits your needs. Otherwise, your money may be put to waste.
If you have to decide on a particular device, though, you can buy the Ring Video Doorbell Pro. The Ring brand is already a trusted name among Video Doorbells, so it’s a guarantee that this device is of high quality and performs beyond expectations. It has everything you need to secure your home conveniently, giving you the ultimate peace of mind. You can also trust their very reliable customer service for any issues encountered; they will readily provide solutions.